Sometimes, an indulgent breakfast is the last thing on my mind.
You see, my mornings can be a little frantic. I roll out of bed, sort my two little boys out, squeeze in a workout, answer a few emails...and then, all of a sudden, it's 10am. I'm still in PJs, still looking like a bedraggled scarecrow, still unfed.
By the time I even realise I need food, I have to eat. NOW. So I whip up a super fast green smoothie, chock full of protein, yoghurt and nut butter to keep me going.
Of course, other days, this will never do. And it simply serves as an appetiser for a more decadent, filling, wonderfully warming breakfast like this. My Raspberry Almond Baked Oats With Coconut Cream.
This breakfast is so sweet that it could be pudding, but it's also ultra healthy and incredibly delicious. Fresh from the oven, served with a dollop of coconut cream, it tastes like cake - so much so, that even my two boys love it!
RASPBERRY ALMOND BAKED OATS WITH COCONUT CREAM
For the oats:
1 3/4 cups gluten-free oats
1/3 cup Coconom coconut sugar
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup flaked almonds
2 tbsp stevia
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup melted Lucy Bee coconut oil
2 cups (+ 1 tbsp) coconut milk
Couple drops almond extract
For the raspberry jam:
1 punnet raspberries
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp stevia
For the coconut cream:
1 can coconut milk, chilled overnight
1 tsp vanilla extract
1) Preheat the oven to 180C, then grease a baking dish. Start by making your jam by gently heating the raspberries in a saucepan with the 2 tbsp water. Stir every now and again until the fruit breaks down. Remove from the heat, stir in the stevia and chia seeds, then set aside to thicken.
2) Next, make the oats by mixing together the dry ingredients and then, in a separate bowl, beat together the wet ingredients until combined. Stir the coconut egg mixture into the oats and mix well.
3) Pour the oats into the baking dish, then dollop over spoonfuls of your raspberry jam (leaving about 1/3 of the jam to serve), swirling it into the oats. Place in the oven to bake for 25 - 35 minutes, or until slightly golden on top.
4) While your oats are baking, make the cream by scooping out the solid part from the coconut milk tin. Beat it with vanilla, then place in a bowl and put in the fridge until ready to serve.
5) Serve your oats straight from the oven with a dollop of coconut cream, a spoonful of more jam and some fresh raspberries. Enjoy!