This post needs no introduction, really. Except to say that Socca Pizzas are utterly INCREDIBLE.
Say goodbye to cauliflower pizzas because, seriously, these will blow your mind!
Made completely gluten-free and Paleo (high-protein, too!) using chickpea flour, these delicious pizzas are about as natural and unprocessed as they come. Plus, you have all the benefits that go with not using stinky cauliflower in your house!
You can top these however you fancy, making them as indulgent or as simple and healthy as you like.
(Serves 2 large pizzas)
For the dough:
1 cups chickpea (gram) flour
1 cups water
1/4 cup olive oil
1 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp (or less, if you don't like spice!) chilli flakes
1/4 tsp sea salt
For the topping: Whatever you fancy! (I used homemade tomato puree, ricotta, spinach, tomatoes, red onion and prosciutto ham)
1) In a large bowl, mix together the dough ingredients until smooth and lump-free, then allow to sit at room temperature for around one hour.
2) Preheat the oven to 180C, then lightly oil a frying pan until red hot. Pour half of the mixture into the pan and heat for a few minutes until the edges are browning and you can toss it over. Repeat on the other side.
3) Set aside your cooked pizza base, then repeat with the remaining chickpea batter.
4) Once each base has cooled to allow you to add your toppings, go wild! Throw on whatever takes your fancy, or simply toss on your favourite pizza toppings (I love spinach, ricotta and prosciutto ham).
5) Place on baking trays and bake in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes, or until crisp and cheese (if using) has melted. Serve and enjoy!